Basically what he said was:
1. Oppressed people who tell their
oppressors allies to check their privilege are just as bad as the Westboro Baptiste Church. (…they are known for picketing hate speech at funerals of innocent people and children.)
2. If you are angry because you are oppressed you should not communicate with anger towards
oppressors allies. Because it’s annoying to them.
3. If you want equality and justice you need to communicate in a way that is appeasing to your
4. Wealth and social status erases privilege. (…thats why my black father who has been in Forbes Magazine and is friends with many powerful politicians, was stopped and frisked at least once a week while leaving his Office in New York.)
5. He knows a handful of black gays who make more money than him so that makes them more privileged than himself.
6. Being oppressed and “right” is not good enough. Oppressed people need to give their time, energy, humility, communication skills and etc to educate
oppressors allies to prove to them that we are human beings and deserve respect.
7. We better stop pissing off our
oppressors allies by telling our life experiences, because if we dont they wont give us equality and justice.
oppressors allies say or do something that oppresses you, you are not allowed to call them out, unless you grovel and make sure not hurt their little white feelings.
9. Being an advocate is not educating, inspiring, empowering, awakening, and energizing your own oppressed people. Being an advocate is serving
oppressors allies to check their privilege is just as bad as murdering, raping, enslaving, falsely incriminating, stealing, and oppressing black people for over 500 years.
11. Don’t tell a white male that he does not know the struggle of being PoC because some how that makes you racist.
….did I miss anything yall?
He’s so basic. I love how he brought up the privilege chart, which was created by a neo-nazi to antagonize the marginalized.
I also like how he policing the language of PoC, when he himself recently made a scathing commentary on those who labeled him gay despise saying that he himself is bisexual. Should people have told him to be nicer to people mislabeling him and saying “he should just be gay?” Absolutely not.
Whatever the orientation, white people have very difficult time getting it. And whatever PoC say especially Black people, we can say it in the calmest voice possible but we’re still seen as antagonistic.